Getting Started with Primal's Data API
Using Primal's data service API to bring the power of the interest graph to your applications is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
Try our interactive tool for a code-free taste of the value that Primal's
Data API can
- Log in to your Primal account, or create one if you do not already have one.
- Fill out the Create a New Application form to request a new API key.
Making your first call
You now have the necessary Primal account and API key values to make any call to Primal's API. You can call Primal from directly within your own code, or start exploring the service immediately by making calls using a REST client, by following these steps:
- Download any REST client plugin for your browser, such as Postman or REST Console.
- In your REST client, input your Primal username and password into the Basic HTTP authentication section.
- Add the following “Header” entries to your call in your REST client using the values retrieved in the steps above:
- Populate your interest graph with your first interest by making a POST call (e.g. POST https://data.primal.com/travel/snow+boarding;scuba+diving). If you got everything right, Primal will respond with a 201 status code indicating that your call was successful.
- Finally, make a GET call to the same URL to retrieve the newly generated information (e.g. GET https://data.primal.com/travel/snow+boarding;scuba+diving).
Now that you've seen Primal in action, it's time to start building your own innovative Primal-powered applications!